Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

this is what i want to do today

not hurt you with my words

i could...but it is pointless

what can change dark but light

i pray for you everyday...that is the truth

i miss some things about you...but not enough to take you back

i miss being held..i do

but how could you lay by me and not know my heart

how could you not care?

how could you look at my face... that had love for you... and do the things you did?

couldn't you see i was a gift? 

i got up every morning and i was happy to make you breakfast and coffee and bring it to bed....so you could watch the news

i was happy to have dinner done for you everyday when you got home from work
and i had 2 gallons of tea on the top shelf..always

it is the little things like these things that you will most i fear

it is the scent of my hair on the wind freshly washed...that will float past your face and you will feel a pain like you have never felt

i see it 
in my heart
i see that

you will miss how i made you laugh
and how i appreciated the little things 
like gifts of bird seed
and tulip bulbs

you will see that i was good, honest and fair
and you will miss it

because now you will meet some women who aren't
they won't care

but i pray God never lets you go from His hands
i pray that He is with you always and that someday you will see what you have been missing all these years


by nita barrow- zimmerman





No comments:

About Me

My photo
I love beauty, whether it is in nature, literature or art. And I love music... My day feels incomplete if I haven't had a chance to listen to some good music.. I also love beautiful souls, and kind hearts.

Followers

Copyright@ 2007- 2013 by Nita Barrow- Zimmerman
all rights reserved. Please do not use my original art, photos, or reprint my writing without asking me for permission. Thank You...

Pick out one person a day to encourage.


Please pray for the protection of Israel.
And for the Jewish people who live there. May God give them the strength they need to defeat their enemies.
“To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.”
—G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936); writer, critic
"There will come
a time
when you believe
everything is finished.
That will be the beginning."
Louis L'Amour
(1908-1988)

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next;
virtue is doing it."
David Star
(1851-1931)
exert from
The Philosophy of Despair
It is never too late to be who you might have been.
George Eliot
Friendship is a sheltering tree.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
~Wishes are free~
So why not make one?
Psalm 138:7

Though I am surrounded by troubles, my God will preserve me against the anger of my enemies. He will clench His fist against my angry enemies! His Power will save me. The Lord will work out His plans for my life- for His faithful love endures forever.

Blog Archive

If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.
Bob Hope

How to Build a Fairy House

How to Build a Fairy House


Minature Quilt

Janet Bolton

Janet Bolton
Quilt and Textile Artist

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

Miniature Quilt

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed